Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 8:15pm EST

Making some changes.  Had a rather good day at work today.  Was busy all day.  Working on the Intranet web page for the business unit.  Finding lots of details about what the standards are.  Sorting out the conflicting information that I am being given.  Have a meeting down in Lyndhurst in the afternoon Wednesday to help sort a few things out.  Calling it a brainstorming session since that is really what it is.  Trying to get a few key people together to help point me in the correct direction.


Monday, January 29, 2001 - 9:45pm EST

Think I will knock this off and get to bed.  Have got about half of it relinked and changed around.  Hope you like it.  Still have some major rework to do on my Imperial Court pages and stuff like that.


Monday, January 29, 2001 - 6:30pm EST

Well I am home.  Have spent most of the day working on the web site.  The company Intranet site that is.  Larry (my boss) showed it to the big boss (Bob) who is the General Manager for our Business Unit.  He loved it.  Larry said Bob was like a kid in a candy store.  He had lots of ideas and will support it.  So, I am really off and running.  Found out from the QA team that the site had to be 600 pixels wide instead of what I had it built in.  1024 wide is now the industry standard but older PCs are only 640 wide.  SO, the company standard is 600.  I have not yet gotten it shrunk down to that size yet.  I have to go change the settings on my PC and then reboot.  Poo Poo.  Think I will get the CD ROM drive fixed on the spare PC behind me and install Front Page on that machine.  That way I can get to the Intranet site and make changes fast without having to disrupt my PC so much.  Hmmm.  That is a good idea.  Anyway.  Got my site sorted out.  Found lots of pics on my website that did not download when I first pulled the files over to Front Page.  Double checked and their is a cut off switch to not upload greater than x and my site was just larger than x.  So, now I have to go put the pieces back together.  That is what I am going to be doing after Babylon 5 which comes on in 20 minutes.  You will be getting this after the fact anyway since I am not going to upload it to the server until later.  But, you might want to check out the entire site again.  Other than my family pages, I am going to make several changes on the others.


Monday, January 29, 2001 - 7:30am EST

Have resumed working on my website.  Will try to have it fixed today.  Have only one major conference call today.


Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 8:48pm EST

I am having problems with my website.  Finally figured out what was going on.  I'm out of space.  <grin>  I have loaded so many files that I have run out of space on my free website area.  So, it is time that I clean a few things out.  Check later to see if I got everything taken care of.


Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 5:30pm EST

Worked on the web page last night.  Figured out how to add text to a picture, but not directly under it.  Can not find anything in the book about it so I guess you can't do it.  Took a nice trip to the Liberty State Park.  Borrowed Bob's digital camera and shot a pictures.  I am working on another page to hold all of them.  Playing around with cropping the photo's and changing things around on them.


Watching MASH right now while I am working on this.  Going to watch a bit of the Super Bowl (especially the half time show) and then stay up for Queer As Folk on Showtime tonight.  Then off for bed.  Later.


Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 11:10am EST

Here are some pictures of Jack and Christine from the Support Center.  They were working today too.  I'm actually playing around with this program, trying to get it to insert a caption under the photo.  Once I have this loaded on my D: drive, then I will play around with it more at home later and tweak it until I get it how I want it.  Then I will be able to go change the settings on the Intranet page for work.  That way I can mess with it here and not worry about really fouling something up.  Besides, this is a pure FrontPage2000 web page and the one for work has java scripts inserted in it.  That makes it more of a pain to work on at home or just work on.  I can't see exactly how it is going to turn out.  


Took a nice trip down to Edison last night.  Went down to the Eck center and meet more than a dozen new people.  Really felt good to get out and meet people with like interest.  We had a nice discussion.  Edison is about 45 minutes south on the parkway.  Well, actually about 30 minutes on the parkway and 15 minutes getting to the parkway and from the parkway to the center.  It went rather well.  They have meetings every Friday night so I think I might go for the next several weeks.  The other option is to stay home and pet Tiffany.  Besides, other than gas and tolls, it does not cost me anything.  Cheaper than going out for a drink.  And then I have to find someone to go out with.  Later.


<photo's deleted - needed the space>


Friday, January 26, 2001 - 3:10pm EST

I have been busy working on our new Teterboro Intranet web site.  Have been working rather late so have not done much on my own site during that time.  Trying to figure out some big problems on the site.  Think I got some of them taken care of.  Hope to get the blessing of local management on Monday and then start the QA process.  Trying to get out of here on time, later.


Monday, January 22, 2001 - 11:34pm EST

Silly me.  I just noticed that I had not changed the caption under the picture when I put the new picture up.  Night.


Monday, January 22, 2001 - 10:15pm EST

Hello.  I just got off the phone with my Dad.  They made it home safe and sound back to Grants Pass from Indio, California.  Connie (Step-Mom) did a great job driving their coach all of the way.  Dad is still out on his back but sweet talked his way into getting an appointment for tomorrow.  Looking forward to hearing what the doctor has to say about his back.


Here are some pictures that I just scanned at Kinko's.  Had some problems with the computer over their so the whole thing cost me only about 2 bucks.  Normally it would have been about $10-12 to scan these pictures.

At the top I have a new picture of me at the Computer Learning Center's Graduation ceremony last week.  These are pictures during my speech.  Below, Left - I am showing some of the history of tthe I.T. field.  A Fortran program (on punch cards) I wrote for my dad while at the University of Oregon in the early 80's.   Middle - An old style 16K memory card.  Right - And a real floppy disk that actually flops.

clc_cards.jpg (13658 bytes)clc01.jpg (27223 bytes)clc02.jpg (12242 bytes)


Here are some other pictures from the holiday party on Friday that I attended in The Village.  

Left to Right - Dameon and Fiona (they will be crowned our new Emperor and Empress on March 31st).  Dameon and our current Emperor, The Gothic Midnight Raven Emperor X Gabreil Della Notte of New York City.  Gabreil and our Dowager Empress XIII Anne Tique, The Golden Gotham Glamazon Empress of the Golden Gotham Empire.  Far right - me and Kevin from Boston.  Kevin and I have ran into each other in Eugene, Portland and New York.


dameon_fiona_jan01.jpg (22564 bytes)dameon_gary.jpg (31445 bytes)gary_antique.jpg (31180 bytes)craig_kevin.jpg (32593 bytes)


Today I went for my pre-tests.  They did a stress test and a chest x-ray.  My doctor will not have the results for a few days.  Everything looked fine from what the tech could see.  No asthma (I think that is how you spell it).  They had me do some breathing tests and then redid them after giving me this inhaler stuff.  No difference in the test.  Anyway, it's almost 11pm now and I need to be up around 5:30am.  Later.


Saturday, January 20, 2001 - 3:30pm EST

Had a nice time at the Imperial Court of New York's holiday party.  It was a fun social event with about 40 or 50 people there.  I had a really good time and the food was great.  

holiday_party_Jan2001.jpg (46916 bytes)

Watched the inauguration this morning and stopped by the lab around 1pm.  Had to upload the most recent anti-virus detection stuff since a new virus was detected on Friday.  Talked with mom for a bit and dad as well.  Dad and Connie are going to be taking their bus back from Palm Springs on Sunday because of dad's back problems.  He has an appointment next week over in Medford so really needs to be back in Grants Pass for that.  Got to run to the dry cleaners and drop some stuff off.  I will be out on Monday due to medical tests that I am having run.  


Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 5:05pm EST

My brain is fried.  Had to many conference calls and to many emergencies today.  Hopefully this will publish now.  It appears that Geocities has its FrontPage publishing server down from time to time.  I keep getting locked up and then try back several hours later and all is fine.  After this downloads, I'm off for home to relax.  Oops, just remembered I need to stop by the store and pick up some bread.  I used the last slices this morning.  Later.


Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 1:30pm EST

I have been rather a busy person recently.  Dad hurt his back again recently and I have been having sympathy pains without even knowing it.  He will probably need surgery on it later this year.  My house is being worked on.  Connie (my step-mom) tells me that they worked two days over there and hauled a 40 yard drop box out of the place.  I guess the bathroom is gutted and they are going to redo the kitchen counters and floor.  It will really look nice when they are done.  The realtor that we are using has indicated that she has 8 different people waiting to see the house.  They are not in a big hurry and will wait until everything is done since houses sell better when you are not stepping over the workers and the muck.  They added bark dust around the shrubs too.  


I have been getting ready for my speech last night.  Monday I drove over to the place where it was going to be held.  That way I knew how to get there.  Good thing too since I was running late from work a bit.  But I knew how to get there so had no problems.  It went very well.  I was one of two guest speakers.  My speech kept their attention.  I had several people come up to me and comment on the speech.  One gal told me that she had been to several graduations for Computer Learning Centers (CLC) and I was the best speaker yet that she had heard.  That made me feel good.  Click here to read the speech.  Other than that, I have several projects all going at once.  It would have been insane to have still tried to manager the support center and try to do what I am working on now.  


On a sad note, my cool friend Alexa is leaving StarBucks as of today.  I was unaware that she was leaving since she only works morning like once or twice a week.  She is always so fun to talk to.  Full of life and zest.  Her fun ponytail normally hangs out the back of her StarBucks hat.  I'm sure I will run into her from time to time.  She and several others from that StarBucks attend school at Seton Hall University.  I'll ask Jose who works Monday and Friday I think, about her from time to time.  


I have a conference call coming up in a few so I need to get.  Have a great day.  Great - The web server on GeoCities is temporarily down right now.  I will have to publish this later.


Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 5:50pm EST

Playing around with the counter at the bottom of the screen.  Trying to figure out how to reset it so I can put a counter on the new intranet site that I am building for the Teterboro Business Unit.  


Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 4:00pm EST

Have slept most of the day.  My back has been bothering me.  Did a bunch of laundry yesterday.  Just been taking it easy.  Yesterday I went out did some errands and Friday I did some grocery shopping.  On Thursday I went to see my sleep doctor who examined me and we discussed my sleep problems.  I have an appointment in late February for a sleep study.  I will go in at 8pm and stay the night in the hospital while they monitor me.  Then I have to stay the entire day.  During the day they have me take 20 minute cat naps every 2 hours and monitor me.  So that will be interesting.  Based upon the discussion, he indicated that I was borderline but that a full study was prudent.  Well.  TIffany wants some attention and I am cooking up something to eat.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.


Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 11:15am EST  (Binary Day 011001)

Rather busy today.  Have several things that I need to work on.  Dad says the house will need several things taken care of before we can sell it.  The largest is the bathroom.  They checked and the tub has sunk into the floorboards and they found some bad underflooring that will need to be ripped out and replaced.  Minimum we are looking at $5,000.  Anyway, got to get back to this work I am looking at.  Later.


Monday, January 8, 2001 - 7:00am EST

Mom asked me a few questions that I had not thought.  She did not know how Computer Learning Center would have known about me.  So, here it is.  In the Summer 2000 I had been contacted by them because I review resumes from them for hiring.  I talked with a few people from their center and was invited to their Advisory Board meeting in the fall.  They enjoyed talking with me and invited me to speak at the graduation ceremonies.  So, that is the story.


Sunday, January 7, 2001 - 8:30pm EST

Ok, now that I am done making those changes, here are some more.  For those of you from the Rose Court in Portland, here are some friends of mine in the New York Court.  These photo's were recently taken at the January 2001 general membership meeting.

PHOTO'S OF ICNY.  Since this is all going to take sometime to download, think I will just leave it until morning and download it them from work.  Lot faster than over the phone lines.  


Sunday, January 7, 2001 - 7:40pm EST

Slept in this morning, then got up and read the paper.  Thought about going somewhere so I piled in the car and headed out.  First stop was Starbucks for coffee.  Used my last coffee certificate that Connie gave me for Christmas.  Then decided to see if I could find out where the PATH trains connect.  Have never taken them, or should say I had never taken them.  Drove around Jersey City for a bit and then found the sign for the entrance to the underground train station.  Found some street parking and decided to give it a try.  $1 to get onto the PATH train and poof, I was at 33rd Avenue in Manhattan.  What a cool trip. Check out  www.pathrail.com for more information. Walked around for a bit.  Walked through Macy's department store.  Had lunch at a Blimpie's and then talked to some cops.  Noticed several large groups of them at Madison Square Gardens which I was next too.  He told me that President Clinton was going to be there at about 3pm.  The current time was around 1:30pm.  They were working on getting all of the barricades set up for his visit.  The nice officer I talked to did not know why he was going to be there, just that he was.  I must have seen some 100+ New York City cops within the 4 block area around "The Garden".  Anyway, so I headed back toward the Manhattan Mall (the big 7 story inside mall) and headed for the basement.  On B1 is the PATH trains and on B2 the New York Subway.  Must have just missed the train I wanted so had to wait about 10-15 minutes for the next one.  After that, it was a hop and a skip back to the car.  Drove back in on the Turnpike.  


Been working on my speech a bit in my head.  Need to do some research this next week on The Computer Learning Center so that I can add some of my research into my speech.  Just cooking up the questions I want to poise.  Also, I need to figure out how many are going to be in the audience.  How many students graduating and how many family and friends.  Not sure if that will change my speech much but my Public Speaking book suggests knowing your audience as one of the steps to preparing.  


This page is getting to long to load with all of the pictures.  Guess I will split it off onto a second page. Later.


Saturday, January 6, 2001

In the afternoon I went out to the Garden State Mall and spent sometime looking for shoes.  While I did not find any that I liked, I did find some great shirts in J.C. Penney's on their 1/2 off rack and in my size.  What a deal.  They look great on me too.  So that made me rather happy.  I ate at the mall and then came back to the apartment.


Saturday, January 6, 2001 - 7:10am EST

I've been up for the past 2 hours working on a problem at the lab that turned out to be a human error.  The people who maintain the databases CAN NOT inactivate an account on the lab side after a certain time in the day.  After that time, the specimen processing system has already done it's update for the day and what happens is we have an inactive account on one system and an active account on the other.  Thus, they clash and blow things up.  Anyway, I have some other news that I forgot to share because I was busy with the pictures.


I have been asked to be the guest speaker at the Computer Learning Centers graduation ceremonies in 2 weeks.  I was floored when they called and asked me.  It will be about a 15-20 minute speech.  Mostly motivational and related to Informational Technology and their future within the industry.  I'll post it when I get the speech written.  Anyway, so I'm off to get some more sleep but wanted to post this information since I forgot to earlier.  


Friday, January 5, 2001 - 9:45pm EST

What is this?  National Photo Month or something?  Well, here are some more.  But first, let me tell you about my afternoon.  Yesterday, my certified copy of my birth certificate got here from Oregon.  So today, after my early afternoon meeting; I headed for the Lodi office of the Motor Vehicle Services (MVS).   It's snowing but not to bad.  Got over to the MVS office and it is rather quiet.  Cool.  Walked in a got into line #1 where you have to start for everything.  Or so I thought.  The gal looked at my paperwork and said "you have to take this to the testing room."  "But Miss.  I already passed the test.  It's right here on the form."  Gal, "You need to take it to the testing room."  So I shrugged my shoulders and headed for the testing room.  Once there, the gal behind the testing station took my form.  Marked on in here and there.  Took my Oregon drivers license and copied the number and some information from it.  Handed it back to me, see the man down there.  So I went down the the man.  He looked it over.  Printed something off of the computer.  Marked some more stuff down, STAMPED my form and sent me back to the gal that I just came from.  She then had me fill out another form, had me sign a few things and then sent me back to Line #1 where I started from.   Now that I had everything stamped from the testing room, she was able to help me.  Took my forms and said "sit".  So I sat.  About 10 minutes later they called my name out.  I went to Line 7 for my photo (bad photo, the kid taking it did not give me a warning or nothing).  He had me check the information on the card, took my photo and said sit down.  So I sat some more.  Then about 4 minutes later, they called me back to Line #5 where I had to pay for the card.  I asked the guy there about when they would notify me about my title and he said "I don't know, I only take the money."  And that's all he did.  Anyway, at that point I had my new New Jersey drivers license.


    Told you it was not very good.  Anyway, there it is.  Now for some fun.





Here is Tiffany just after checking out my Christmas packages on Christmas Day.    tiffany_xmas_2000.jpg (31386 bytes)


RUGRATS.JPG (27662 bytes)sesame_street.jpg (41400 bytes)Santa.jpg (26711 bytes)These are from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I was at Broadway at 50th.  It was a nice, crisp 21 degrees when I got there and it had warmed up to around 29 by the time the parade was over.


Ok, I'm tired now.  I still need to publish this web page and I have laundry drying right now too.  Have a fun weekend everyone.

Craig 10:50pm EST


Thursday, January 4, 2001 - 2:50pm EST

Taking a break before my 3pm meeting.  Snow expected here again on Friday but only 1 to 2 inches.

Had a nice time at my Imperial Court meeting last night.  Left the apartment in Hackensack around 6:50pm and got parked and walked into the Center right about 7:45pm.  I also stopped at the big golden arches on the way too.  It was fun seeing everyone after the holidays.  Bought my ticket for the holiday party on the 19th.  Looking forward to that.


Thursday, January 4, 2001 - 9:45am EST

Boring conference call I am on right now.  Hey, here are some recent additional pictures for you to enjoy.

Craig_work_Jan032001.JPG (200878 bytes)Me in my new workspace yesterday afternoon.  The sun is on my back.  I miss having my office but the duties are sure good.  I am working on several projects at once and not having to worry about all of the staff members.  Who is out sick, who is on vacation, do we have enough coverage, etc.




Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 2:35pm EST

Working on a conference call right now.  Tummy doing better but still a bit upset.  Had a nice talk with Mark the other night and found out all of the things going on back in Portland.  Mark and Larry are both moving out this weekend from my house in Portland.  


Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 11:20am EST

Here are some shots of the snow where a friend of mine who lives 41 miles northwest of the lab.  You can enlarge any specific photo by double-clicking on it.  Snow was about 30" at this site.


Check out my January 2001 snow photo's.  


Here is a shot of me in my office in mid-October.  This is just before I moved to my new cube and changed duties.  I am now a Project Manager instead of Manager of the Support Center.  Much easier on me.  Hope to have a newer photo of me soon.  I brought the camera to work so that I can finish the roll.  


Craig at work 101500.jpg (199197 bytes)


I stayed in all day yesterday recovering from the flu.  Still not totally up to speed.  Have meetings this afternoon that I need to attend.