Yahoo! GeoCities Member Banner Exchange Info 


Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 8:14am EST

Oh I have been so busy.  The Lovely Suzanne just paged me.  We are picking her up in a few hours at Newark.  Screech.  Change that.  Her flight from St. Louise to Newark has been cancelled on TWA.  So, they rebooked her into LaGuardia.  Told her it would not be a problem.  Going to wait until after the rush hour traffic and then head into the City.  LaGuardia is located over in Queens.  East of Manhattan.  I've been their once.  It's a really small airport.  Tiffany slept with me last night.  Which is really good because Mark has cat allergies.  Mark slept on the couch and it appears he got some good sleep.  We are going to be very busy today.  We go pickup Suzanne at 11am.  Then we pick up Buttercup and Johnny (back at LaGuardia) around 3pm.  In between we will be helping Gary (our Emperor).  Then tonight, we are going to Lucky Chang's.  It's a Drag Restaurant where Victoria works.  Most of the out of town people are going to be there.  Friday is the out of town show at The Web (mid-town).  Will be helping Jeffrey move things from his apartment to the hotel in the morning.  Then taking a walking tour with Jeffrey in the afternoon.  Saturday is the big event with rehearsals in the morning and the doors open at 6:30pm with dinner and show starting at 8pm.  Not sure when I will be able to write again.


Wednesday, March 28, 2001

Went into work for a short while.  Got caught up on some late work that I knew was coming.  So now I can vacation and not worry about it.  Picked Mark up at the  Newark airport.  Later we went to Costco to pick up some supplies.  It was so nice to be at Costco during one of their quiet times.  Then popped over to the Garden State Mall.  We walked through the place.  I bought some socks at JC Penney.  We went over to Lords and Taylor and checked out the jewelry department.  Mark is a lead in costume jewelry at a sister store of Lords and Taylor in Portland.  Later that night, we went out to a little New Jersey bar where Gary & Victoria (New York's Emperor and Empress) were.  Talked with them and enjoyed the music.  Victoria sung live.  A good, fun relaxing time.


Tuesday, March 27, 2001

Worked in the early morning.  Then left for a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation walk kickoff luncheon that I attended with about 30 others from Quest Diagnostics.  The luncheon was held at the same place I gave my speech to the CLC graduating students.  Had a great time.  I've been placed in charge of the car wash fund raiser for the lab.  You will be hearing more about it later.  Our walk in Sunday, June 10th.  Then came back to Hackensack and saw Dr. Hormoz Ashryani.  He gave me the results of my sleep study from last month.  I have Sleep Apnea Syndrome with oxygen desaturation and Excessive Daytime Sleepiness.  I have to go back in early May for a CPAP fitting.  I'll know more about it later.  I had heavy snoring and was unable to obtain deep sleep.  I woke myself up an average of 60 times per hour and then felt back to sleep.  Then I headed into the City on the PATH train.  Went up to Herald's Square and ate then took a N/R subway train back down to rehearsal.  When I got off of the subway, ran into someone I knew also headed to rehearsal.  So we walked the several blocks and chatted.


Monday, March 26, 2001

Cold and snowy but no problem.  Went over to the City on the PATH train.  Since I was several hours early, walked all around the East Village.  Ate at a KFC and just enjoyed myself.  Walked into one park block dedicated in the late 1700's.  Saw a bunch of old churches and buildings.


Sunday, March 25, 2001

Had an ECKANKAR meeting down in Montclair.  About 20 minutes south of me.  It was fun driving around a new area for me.  The meeting was in the YWCA.  Later that night, went into the City and attended a social event for the Court.  It was an opportunity for the reigning monarchs to enjoy themselves and for everyone to chat.  They handed out awards and gifts.  I got a nice bowl, knickknack thing for my vanity.


Saturday, March 24, 2001

Slept and hung out.  Drove down to Montclair to find out where I will be going on Sunday.  Stopped in at this old converted Railroad station now mall.  The Payless Shoes place had a special so bought two pairs of nice shoes for like $40.  


Friday, March 23, 2001

Had a evening meeting down at the Edison ECKANKAR center.  Did some cleaning.


Monday - Thursday: Just worked and tried tto get things done before going on vacation next week.  Got lots of movement on various projects.  Did some cleaning and took care of Tiffany.  Yes, she is sitting on the table making sure I pet her.


Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 8:30pm EST

Went over early to the Expo.  Found a great parking place only a few blocks from the convention center.  Since it was Sunday, that is the only reason I lucked out.  No way I could have done that on Saturday.  Got everything setup and ready to go.  Had plenty of people to staff the booth so I left around 1:30pm.  Invited Ritchie to a show next week and another one on the 30th, then headed for the door.  At the top of the escalator, I saw the cast from Queer As Folk.  Fished around in my bag real quick and snapped a photo.  So I made up a QAF page with that photo.  All four of my favorite actors from the show were on the escalator.  Only in New York.  <giggle>  They were there for a talk about the show.  It was already sold out so did not go.  Came on home and did some laundry.  Slept for a bit, then the phone rang.  Dad was calling.  They had gone out of town for the weekend and got robbed.  Mostly jewelry was taken and the lap top.  The good thing is that the kids (figured it was teens) got scared off and did not spend the whole weekend going through the place.  They could have really done some damage.  I have a busy week.  Will be in Edison at the ECK center on Monday night for a discussion group, Tuesday is the Prince and Princess show in the City at Splash.  Then Friday I'm back at the center.  I've got lots of projects to get some extra work done on.  Hopefully I can on Wednesday and Thursday.  Hugs to all.


Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 10:00pm EST

Had a great day over at the Gay & Lesbian Expo 2001.  It was at the Jacob Javits Convention Center which is on the west side of Manhattan.  I talked to what seemed like a thousand people today.  Everyone was in such a festive mode.  It was great.  Since it also was St. Patrick's, I left my car at the Liberty State Park & Ride again then took the PATH train over to 34th street (Harold's Square).  That is where Macy's is.  Walked from their over to the Convention Center.  Then standing on my feet all day really pooped me out.  I was ready to get home and just relax.  Tiffany says hello to everyone.  She just jumped up between me and the computer again.  Meet this really nice guy, Ritchie who was working the Kurfew booth which was right behind our Imperial Court of New York booth.  He was fun to talk with.  We kept running across each other as the day went on.  Talking with everyone, I was amazed at how many people had heard of the court within the Gay Community.  I even talked with about 20 people that already had their tickets for the Night of a Thousand Gowns benefit in two weeks.  

Here are some other photo's from the Expo.


When I was headed home on the PATH train, I decided to transfer at the Grove Street station instead of going to Hoboken and transferring.  Just as I was getting off I found two friends from work right in front of me.  Nancy and a friend of hers were with Patrick.  They had been in the city celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  They were lost trying to get back to their car parked in Hoboken.  I helped them out and gave them one of my PATH maps.  Double checked with the conductor and put them on the 33rd train going back to the next station where they needed to transfer to the Hoboken train. 


Friday, March 16, 2001 - 10:30pm EST

It started to rain today.  Supposed to rain off and on all weekend.  I had nice time tonight at the ECK center.  Got a new newsletter since I'm still not on the mailing list is would appear.  Got to get, have a safe weekend.


Thursday, March 15, 2001

Had a great day in Manhattan.  Rehearsal was at 7pm so I decided to do something new.  I parked at the Liberty Science Park and Ride in Jersey City.  Then hoped on the PATH train into the city.  Walked around the Village.  Had a great time just wandering around.  Stopped by one store that I knew Rusty worked at.  Someone I know from the court.  His partner is in the opening number with me.  Rusty had to work, so could not be in the number.  We talked court talk.  Then, later in rehearsal we finished blocking the number.  It really started coming together.  We have a week off and then will rehearse on Monday and Tuesday (26th & 27th) which is the week of the show. 


Wednesday, March 14, 2001 - 8:45am EST

I have been so busy, have not had a minute to type anything.  Here are some updates while I was on a conference call.  Tonight I get to rest.  Well, sort of.  I will be moving some things around thus cleaning the apartment before unpacking the computer.  Connie warned me that their are many peanuts in the box so I will need to be careful when unpacking.  On the list coming up, Thursday is rehearsal back in New York.  Friday is my normal meeting down at the Edison Eckankar center.  Saturday & Sunday is the Gay & Lesbian Expo at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.  Both days I will be working the Imperial Court both.  Handling out flyers and representing the court.  I went last year and it was a blast.  Lots of live entertainment and tons of informational booth with all kinds of valuable information from and for the community.  So, I will be a bit busy for the next several days.  Not sure when I will be able to write next.  Hugs.


Tuesday, March 13, 2001

Men Strike Back - A charity show featuring the Men of the Imperial Court of New York.  It was a fun little show at the Monster down in the heart of Greenwich Village.  We raised several dollars for a local charity.  It was Gary's (our Emperor's) last fundraiser for his reign.  Even though I have so many events this week, it was fun to get out and join the group.  Kevin from Boston showed up as well.  When I got back from the City, I had two big packages from Dad & Connie.  I have not yet unpacked them since I picked them up at almost midnight.  Besides, I am going to do some rearranging in the apartment first it's their old computer since they got a new one.  It's still a faster unit than the old generic one that I have rebuilt twice now.    Many thanks.  I also got a cute St. Patrick's day card from Mom, Bill, Libby and Zoey.  I then headed right to bed.


Monday, March 12, 2001

Rehearsal for the opening number of the charity benefit coming up at the end of the month.  About 35 people are going to be in the number.  The blocking will really look great and the number is just perfect for our Emperor and Empress.  Victoria will be singing her part live, because, that is what she does.  A great voice.  The rest of us are lip syncing.  I do not have a tape player at home, so I have not had the opportunity to listen to much of the music.  Got a taste of it for the first time at rehearsal.  We have another blocking rehearsal on Thursday.  I might leave work early on Thursday and go park in Jersey City (NJ) and ride the PATH train over to the city instead of dealing with parking.  Besides, it will allow me the opportunity to learn more about the subway and PATH trains.  Gee, I am getting so educated about how to get around.  


Sunday, March 11, 2001

Went to breakfast down at the little diner in Hackensack.  Then was just hanging out until the library opened.  I have been checking out some interesting biography video's from the library.  They are no charge and I love that sort of thing.  I got a page from Jeffery.  I had emailed him on Saturday to page me.  He was going to go fabric shopping in the garment district so I talked him into take me with him.  Gad, did I ever have a great time.  We found a place to park and then walked to several shops and looked for fabric.  He was trying to match a specific color that is in a dress he is making for someone.  Also, we got some fabric for a cape for me.  We bought a bolt of some 70 yards and several others.  Took them to the car and then took Jeffrey down to his office in Union Square.  Down in lower Manhattan.  After checking out his office and picking up and dropping off a few things, we then walked several blocks to a little Indian restaurant.  He ordered me a great little chicken and sweet rice dish.  It was really good.  Dropped him off at his place and headed back to home.  


We had a roll over that night so I had to be at work around 11:30am.  Did not leave until 4am Monday.


Saturday, March 10, 2001 - 1:00pm EST

Friday we had another storm that wasn't.  Now it is sunny outside.  Nothing much to report.  Busy just trying to get caught up on work and all.  


Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 8:00am EST

Had a nice time at my meeting last night.  The big traffic tie up was going the other direction.  The George Washington Bridge traffic was tied up from the Connecticut state line on Interstate 95 to the GW Bridge.  One traffic reporter said it was the worst traffic in years.  The GWB and other bridges around the area had their upper decks closed during the day due to high temperatures (in the mid 40's) that was breaking thick ice loose.  That sent the ice crashing down upon traffic below.  With the lower deck only open, and traffic back to normal if not higher than normal volume, the commute home from Manhattan for many was bad.  When I drove across the GWB around 6:45pm I sailed right across since I was headed in to the city.  The back up down the Henry Hudson Parkway (along the west side of Manhattan, right next to the Hudson River) is normally backed up until the Grant Tomb area.  Yesterday, it was backed up all the way down to the Lincoln Tunnel traffic, which was also snarled.  Both the Lincoln and Holland Tunnel's were reporting wait times of over 1 hour to get out of Manhattan.


On the way home after my meeting, I got to drop two friends off over on the east side.  That was my first trip under the U.N. along 1st Avenue.  Jeffery is a native New Yorker and it's fun talking with him about all of the history of the different communities and area's.  I hope we can get sometime this summer to just walk around and have him show me the "real" New York City.  You know, not the tourist one.  Oh, the one friend we dropped off is just a few blocks from the United Nations building.  He pointed out where the Secretary General lives, about 1 block from his apartment.  He also pointed out these little police boxes on the corner.  A policeman sits in the box just watching the area.  Normally it is right around an embassy or important persons apartment.  That way if someone starts trouble, they can call for backup right away.


Wednesday, March 7, 2001

From The Bergen County Record: "Weather forecasters who had high expectations for a Blizzard of 2001 on Monday were having to explain low precipitation by Tuesday.  "It's not like we were totally wrong," said David Rogers, meteorologist with WCBS-TV, Channel 2.  "Everything happened as planned ... just not in the exact spot" where it was expected, said Nick Gregory, a meterorologist with Fox-TV, Channel 5, of the deep snows and high winds weather forecasters had predicted over the weekend for the metropolitan area.  Because converging weather systems from the Gulf of Mexico and Canada merged 100 miles farther north on the Atlantic Coast than had been predicted, the resulting 2-foot snowfalls and strong winds bypassed North Jersey and New York City, hitting Long Island and southeastern New England instead.


Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 9:30am EST

The big storm that just wasn't.  They are calling it the NO'EASTER.  It's actually snowing outside now but little flakes.  Not bad at all.  Now they say we might have another storm this weekend.  Since they messed this one up so bad, they will down play the next storm and it will turn out to be really bad.  Oh well.  It's just snow.  The storm actually developed more North and East of me than what they expected.  This morning the east end of Long Island actually had close to a foot of snow last night.  Normally they do not get much.  Boston and that area also are being hit hard.  They had predicted it being on 2-6 inches there and now they have had 12-16 I think it was.  So the storm hit.  Just not us.


Monday, March 5, 2001 - 1:30pm EST

The Nor'Easter that wasn't.  Check this link out to the new snow fall predictions from  They have really scaled back on the snow fall totals.  Gee.  And here I was so looking forward to it.  Oh well.  Guess I will have to wait for another storm, next year.  Got to get back to work.  Later.


Monday, March 5, 2001 - 9:45am EST

Good morning.  The weather outside is cool.  Snowed only about an inch last night here.  Understand some area's got lots more.  The blizzard that was not.  So far that is.  They are expecting the second round this afternoon.  Understand the storm stayed to close to land, thus did not pick up the moisture from the ocean and snow on us.  Upstate and west they got more.  Anyway, we will see later today.  At present it is not doing anything outside.  Yes mom.  Tiffany got her food.


Sunday, March 4, 2001 - 6:15pm EST

Now they are saying we might only have 2 inches tonight and the commute to work will be fine for tomorrow.  Monday they are warning that it is expected to hit hard while we are at work and that the commute home might be nasty.  Good thing I only live a few miles away from work.  West of me, they are still calling for over 2 feet of snow by the time this all finishes.  PA is getting mixed snow and sleet.  One major county in the 2 feet zone just officially closed all county offices Monday.  The County Executive said he did not want to worry about trying to get people home after they made it to work tomorrow.  It would be easier for everyone just to keep everyone off of the roads and stay safe.  Westchester County is the one.  It is north and west of me.  In the snow belt of New Jersey the news man was saying.   Now they are talking about coastal flooding since the storm is expected to just stall off the coast.


Sunday, March 4, 2001 - 6:00pm EST

Well the storm hit and then left.  Not, just kidding.  It snowed for a bit while I was driving back.  Right now it has totally quite.  Just waiting for the 6pm local news to see what they say.  I was listening to WCBS news on the drive up and they had changed their forecast to be only 6-12 inches now in the city.  Well, we will just wait and see.  I was over sitting across from the Teterboro airport watching the jets take off.  Several limo's from Manhattan came in bringing the big shoots.  They jumped on the corporate jets and flew out.  I sat for about 30 minutes and must have watched 15 jets take off and 2 land.  Delta has already cancelled all flights in and out of LaGuardia for tomorrow.


Step Dad Bill was having so much fun in the snow, he decided to let his snowmobile run over him.  He has been in the emergency room for the last several hours.  He is fine.  Banged up and bit and has a very sprained or broken left arm.  They took X-rays but nothing shows up has broken.  With Mom just having surgery on her right arm, she is in a sling and so is he but the left arm.  Between the two of them they have a functional set of arms.  Anyway, going to upload this and get ready for the news.  


Dad just called.  They are really getting blown around in Medford.  He was thinking of me and called.  They bought some stuff at Costco and are now headed over to Barnes and Nobel then back to Grants Pass.  He is going to check in on the weather update later tonight with me.  Some weather links are on the left.


Sunday, March 4, 2001 - 7:30am EST

Good morning.  It's the morning of the big storm here in Northeast.  I got up around 5am and looked at the paper.  After I finished, decided that I would be smart to go early to the store.  Went over to the Shop Rite that I pick up small things at (it's also open 24 hours) and right after I walked in, I realized that a bomb had gone off in the place.  Oh my gosh.  Large portions of the shelves were ransacked or just plain bare.  You could tell that they had restocked what they had.  While I was there, they were getting a shipment of eggs in.  I looked at where the eggs were and it was bare.  Then, in the checkout line, the checkers were talking about the storm and how the different stations were disagreeing about what was going to happen.  My checker was "We are not going to get a drop" type of person.  Some how I doubt it.  It was around 37 yesterday and this morning there is a real chill in the air.  Local news has not come on yet.  I'm still headed down to my meeting in Central Jersey later this morning.  Meeting starts at 10am and it normally takes me about 30 minutes.  Stay in touch for updates.  


Saturday, March 3, 2001 - 11:45pm EST

Just got off the phone with my Dad and Connie.  They have been putting together a new computer they bought.  Scanner unit with it and everything.  Dad is going to donate his old computer to me.  It's newer than what I had and will really help me with school coming up.  I have formally applied to University of Phoenix Online for their Bachelors of Science in Information Technology.   I am waiting to get some paperwork back from them and exactly when I will start.  I filled out the rest of the paperwork for work to pay for it.  I have to submit my paperwork to the lab PRIOR to enrollment.  


Anyway, since Dad and Connie had put up a new computer system, my web page address was in the other computer.  So, I just walked them through putting my web page into their web favorites.  Was explaining to Connie all of the changes that I had made.  With Dad's surgery recently, she has not seen my new web page.  Funny.  I remember about a decade ago Dad saying he would never own a computer.  Now I think this is his 3rd or 4th system.  He loves the different auction houses and how they have their web pages set up.  They are consolidating their ISP service as well.  Since they are in Palm Springs half of the year, they had a local ISP and a Palm Springs ISP.  They now found out that their Verizon ISP in Palm Springs does have a local access number in Grants Pass.  So, they have now dropped one of them and only have the one monthly fee.


STORM WATCH - Check out for all of the latest information on our big storm around here.  On Sunday I have a meeting down in Central Jersey but will be back in plenty of time before the storm starts to drop it's snow on us.


The 11 o'clock news now was saying it will not start to snow until 2 or 4pm on Sunday.  It is being compared to the snow storm of 1962 and the storm of March 1888.  Boy, the history is thick around here.  Would be interesting to see what it is like in Europe.  Even more.


Anyway, I change my picture again.  Instead of every week, maybe I will change it more often.  I was thinking of Mom so I had it up.  She called and all was fine from her surgery.  Now I was talking with Dad and Connie so I put their picture up.  On, whatever.  Stay tuned in to see what is going on with the weather tomorrow.  Should be lots of fun.  I will go get the digital camera and snap some pictures here and their as it gets going.  They say we will have 1 to 2 feet of snow with sustained winds of 30-60 mph in my area.  That is a blizzard folks.  Got plenty of water and food.  Kitty could use some food and cat litter.  Might check and get some in the morning.  Don't need milk or bed for days.  Night.  We will see what Old Man Winter brings tomorrow.


Saturday, March 3, 2001 - 12:30pm EST

Good grief how time flies.  Have been busy with various projects this last week and have just not done any updates.  Sorry about that.  Have decided to just change the photo every week or so in the feature photo area.  The swap routine required that it downloaded every photo in the group to the system.  Thus, the display time was slow in some cases.  Anyway, not much to report.  Everyone back in the Northwest is fine from the big quake.  Mom had surgery on her hand and is just fine.  She can't shuffle cards again yet, but she can deal a mean hand.  We are supposed to get a big last blast of snow on Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday.  That should be fun.  Have a meeting down in Edison (Central Jersey) on Sunday but should be out of there and headed home before anything starts to fall out of the sky.  The big Night of a Thousand Gowns (New York City coronation) is later this month.  Have lots of friends flying in for that event.  Stay tuned for more details.  Oh, that is NYC courts big annual fund raiser.  Open House Sunday at my home in Portland.  Fingers are crossed that several people love it and want to buy the house.  Have a great weekend.


This page hosted by   1