Yahoo! GeoCities Member Banner Exchange Info 



Sunday, March 31, 2002 5:15pm EST

Ok, so I am back home now.  My system is docked so I have lots of power.  Now I need to finish this update and transfer it to my other system so that I can upload it to the main server.  I also need to do the same thing with my paper.  Drove down around the Hackensack river and took some pictures.  Sure is low.  Lots to do at work this next week.  And, because I will be busy next weekend due to the Syosset conversion, I need to get started on next weekend's paper soon.  The differences between ISO9000 and ISO9001.  Oh joy.


Sunday, March 31, 2002 4:15pm EST

I am currently at Boston Market in Lodi eating.  Decided to sit down and have a nice meal for Easter.  Besides, I just came from Starbucks where I wrote this weeks paper.  A nice one on the differences between reverse, forward and reengineering methodologies.  CLICK HERE to read the paper.  Last weeks paper I got one point off because I was not specific enough.  That was the only point I lost last week.  Received 99 out of a possible 100 points last week.  This paper is worth 30 points.  The rest of the points come from class participation, group assignment paper and discussion questions.


Last night I had a nice chat with dad.  He and Connie were driving the bus south, headed back for Indio, CA.  They were around Redding when he called.  We talked for over a half hour just catching up.  Told him about school and that next weekend I will be out on the island (Long Island) working on the laboratory conversion at our Syosset laboratory.  Well, my battery is indicating that I need to shut down.  Type at you later.


Saturday, March 30, 2002 11:20am EST

Just finished doing some maintenance on my web page.  Have been thinking about it so just took the time.  Erased lots of pictures from 2000 and 2001 and their links.  Also updated my University of Phoenix page a bit and cleaned a few other non-visual things up in my directories.  Have to get home soon and work on my latest paper for school.  This class is really getting deep for me for several reasons.  I did not take the prerequisite because I had taken a similar class.  So, it's a bit different.  Anyway, have a Happy Easter everyone.  Supposed to rain tomorrow.  Might go over to 5th Avenue and watch the parade.


Saturday, March 30, 2002 10:45am EST

Just trying to get some work done here but thought I would update you while I was still here.  The Holland Tunnel opened today to CASH as well as EZ-PASS.  The fire next to the toll booths had kept all lanes inbound closed for about a week while they cleaned up.  Several days ago they allowed EZ-PASS only customers to use the far lanes away from where the fire was.  Last night the West Side Highway which runs right past Ground Zero reopened for the first time since 9-11.  That means the last tunnel, the Brooklyn-Battery tunnel also reopened.  Every crossing south of 64th street (Lincoln & Holland Tunnel from New Jersey, Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel, Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge & Williamsburg Bridge from Brooklyn and the Queensboro also known as the 59th street bridge and the Mid-Town Tunnel to Queens) are all restricted Monday thru Friday, 6am - 10am to 2 passengers.  But, at least everything is now open again.


Friday, March 29, 2002

Busy day.  The test plan for Syosset had to be finished and it was very bad.  My CDS project is coming along.  I keep taking one step forward and then two backwards.  Not the way I wanted it.  I'm going to start hounding people if they do not get something's done next week that I need.  I've been nice up to this point.  Firm, but overly nice.  I'm going to get nasty nice here real quick.


Thursday, March 28, 2002

Worked the morning at Teterboro and then left for the Syosset lab on Long Island around 1:30.  Had to get something from the house first so actually left Hackensack around 2pm.  Got there around 4pm just as Terri was leaving to fly back to Dallas.  Got lost and took the scenic route.  Some how got turned around and managed to find JFK airport.  It's on the south side of Brooklyn and not where I wanted to be.  But have a better understanding of how to get out there now.  Syosset is at about exit 40 off of the Long Island Express Way.  To get to our place on Fire Island we take exit 59.  So not far from there.  I left there around 8pm and got home about 9pm.  So that was easier.  Syosset is going to be converting to a new laboratory computer system next weekend.  So I will be on-hand to assist next weekend.  I will also be at Syosset on Monday, April 8th and Tuesday, April 9th to help out.  I also wanted to get to know everyone out there because of where I am going to be over the summer.  If I can, I would like to work from Syosset on Friday's during the summer.  Then I can leave there and head directly to Fire Island instead of having to drive from Teterboro.  Think I could get more work accomplished that way.  We will see.


Tuesday, March 26, 2002 6:20pm EST

Nothing much to report.  Lots of work to do.  Have to go home and work on a paper that is due tonight.  It's a group paper so hopefully everyone else already has most of it done.  I provided my research yesterday to the group.  It's been raining.  That is good.  The river is really low.  Holland Tunnel remained close today due to that fire near the entrance in a 5 story warehouse.


Sunday, March 24, 2002 11:50am EST

Made it back home.  Went to Costco after leaving Starbucks and picked up a few things.  Cereal, fruits and some juice.  Wanted to get out of there because it gets nuts real fast on Sunday.  Drove past the Hackensack River on my way back.  Had not seen it recently.  Boy is it low.  We are really in a drought here.  Oh, also forgot to mention that the Holland Tunnel is closed again inbound.  A three alarm fire broke out in a building just 5 feet from the toll plaza.  Its some old building with 5 foot deep cork insulated walls.  So it burned and burned.  It started Friday mid-day and now they have to tear down the building before it falls down on the entrance road to the Holland.  That has snared traffic into the city.  With everyone that uses the Holland now using the Lincoln or George Washington Bridge.  Weekdays, the Holland and Lincoln are still restricted to two passengers from 6am to 10am.  Got a paper to write.  


Sunday, March 24, 2002 10:30am EST

Sorry I waited so long until I did an update.  I have been really busy.  I'm sitting at Starbucks having me decaf Mocha and typing.  Since my school work is now on my other computer, I do not have this one turned on at home as much as I used to.  With work being so busy getting caught up and just staying ahead of the game, I have had little time to capture updates there either.  Here are some details.


Saturday, March 23rd

We had a training session at work today on the new Thin Client units.  About 14 people were there.  Got lots of other stuff done and even compressed my email file which has been needing to be done for sometime now.


Thursday, March 21st

Finally found a new dentist here in town.  Ruben, one of the managers at work, recommended him.  He is really nice.  Took some x-rays and then we talked.  Turns out that one of my old fillings have fallen out.  So that has to be done.  I have a cavity under my only crown.  So that is some more work to be done.  Then, I have two cracked fillings that need to be replaced.  One on each side.  Oh great.  So I have several more appointments coming up.  But it's about time that I get serious about my teeth again and get them taken care of.


Wednesday, March 20th

Went to work and was just dead.  Have been since the weekend.  So just left and went home to sleep.  Slept most of the day.  Gosh did that feel good.  I've been fighting a cold, so that did lots of good.  Got up and worked on the computer for a few hours.  Both work related and school related.  Had a weekly summary to do for school.


Tuesday, March 19th

My first day back.  Boy do I feel tired.  But made it through the day.  Had several meetings scheduled and lots of stuff to get caught up with.  My boss is back from being off for a week.  So lots of details to go over on the current project that I am working on.  Also needed to coordinate some research and programming efforts going on.  Make sure everyone was pointed in the right direction.


Monday, March 18th

Have the day off after all of the events from the weekend.  Went into the City around 9am to pickup the Boys.  Meet Thomas and Jake at their hotel in mid-town and drove them over to LaGuardia.  We did curb side check in and we were supposed to then have breakfast together but their flight left in an hour by the time we got there and the security line was growing.  So I said my good byes and put them into the line.


Sunday, March 17th

The Victory Brunch was great.  Fiona and Damien (The two that just stepped down last night) were in rare form.  They were so funny on the microphone.  Thomas won the best male costume contest.  He was so floored that he won.  Oh, I should tell you that Thomas is the reigning Thorn XXV of Portland.  That is the youth male titleholder in Portland.  He just turned 18.  His boyfriend Jake, was with him.  Jake is 19 and a student at Portland State majoring in elementary education.  This was their first trip to NYC.  They had a great time and they are both so nice.  They gave my friend Panzi some flowers as a thank you.  She bought Thomas's ball ticket.  Another friend paid for their hotel room.  And as I understand it, the club (in Portland) paid for Thomas's plane flight.  Jake paid for his own.  Later, got everything packed up and checked out.  Once I got back home, I crashed and slept.  It had been a long weekend and it was not quite over yet.


Saturday, March 16th

The ball was great.  My Henry VIII outfit was a smash success.  Lots of people I talked to just loved the outfit.  Silly me.  I did not get any good pictures of me.  There was about 1,000 people all in formal or costume attire.  Everyone had a great time and we raised tens of thousands of dollars for charity.


Friday, March 15th

The Royal Command show was fun at The Web.  It's in mid-town on 58th.  The boys had a great time.  NYC drinking laws are different from Oregon's.  If you are 18, you can be in a bar here.  You just can't drink.  So the boys were able to see the show and several of us bought them soda.  They had so much fun watching all of the different performers from around the country.  Earlier got checked into the hotel fine with Jeffrey and Ashley.  Made several car load trips for Jeffrey and Coco.  Picked up Coco and Mamma (The founder of the International Court system) first.  They filled the car to the brim.  After I got them checked in, met Jeffrey and took him on errands.  Then we were off to his place to get his things.  Later we went to the set of The Guiding Light were a scenery piece was being made for the stage.  Jeffrey and I carried it (a cardboard box, about 3 inches wide but 12 feet long and 6 feet high) across mid-town from the studio's back to the hotel.  I think it was about a dozen NYC blocks.  With people dashing every which way.  That was fun.  I was so tired afterwards.  But had a fun time.


Thursday, March 14th

Off of work due to Night of a Thousand Gowns this weekend.  Drove into the City and picked up the Boys (Thomas and Jake) from LaGuardia late.  On the way to the hotel, I drove down by Ground Zero.  We finally got Suzanne on the cellular phone down in Battery Park.  Then drove the boys over to the hotel to meet Suzanne and get there things up to the room.  I waited by the car.  Suzanne then drove around with us.  We toured around to give the boys some idea of where they were. We drove up Madison as they looked at all of the designer windows.  Drove past Central Park and drove over to the Dakota and Strawberry Fields where John Lennon was shot.  We parked the car and they took pictures over in the park.  We then drove back to the hotel.  I dropped everyone off and headed for home.  I still had to finish packing.


Monday, March 11, 2002 6:30am EST

Just loading my web page from the weekend.  Lots going on around town with the 6 month anniversary of 9-11 today.  Was in the city last night so did not see the special on television.  But have seen enough around the city as it is.  During February I went to the New York Historical Museum with an out-of-town friend.  They had a huge exhibit on the building of the trade center towers and another on their collapse.  Rather a powerful exhibit.  So I have seen plenty.  I have friends coming to town this weekend and will be taking them to Ground Zero.


Sunday, March 10, 2002 11:00pm EST

Just got back from the Prince and Princess Show.  Had a great time.  I picked up my friend Coco from LIPS restaurant where she had worked brunch.  We went to the show and then I took her home.  She is also one of the people who went to Connecticut with me yesterday.  Well, I need to get to bed.  And I still need to make the bed.


Sunday, March 10, 2002 11:00am EST

Just doing laundry and watching MASH.  The wind is really blowing.  Emptied the dishwasher already too.  Tiffany loves the bird seed feeder that I put on the balcony.  The little birds just drive her nuts.  She loves to sit and watch them while she makes noise.  Right now she is camped out on top of the heater.  I have a Prince and Princess show at SBNY in the Village around 5pm today. Should be fun. 


Saturday, March 9, 2002

Drove to New Haven with two of my friends.  We attended a show there that the new Emperor and Empress of Connecticut were hosting.  We drove right past the original section of YALE UNIVERSITY.  We ate in this nice little bar/restaurant.  I talked with several friends from Connecticut as well as friends from Rhode Island and Boston that were at the show.


Thursday, March 7, 2002 10:15pm EST

Just got back from running some errands.  It's been an interesting last month.  Right now all of my friends are getting ready for the Night of a Thousand Gowns.  I have friends coming into town from Portland so will be picking them up at the airport next week.  I'm off Thursday, Friday next week.  So, I have lots of work right now.  Going to Connecticut this Saturday.  Taking a few friends and going up to a show in New Haven.  It's about 1 1/2 hours away from here.  Tiffany is trying to sit on my keyboard right now so I guess I had better pay some attention to her.  I need to be at work early tomorrow.  So think I will turn in now.  Oh, and one more interesting thing.  Found out this evening that one of my credit card banks has been closed by the Comptroller of the Currency.  All inquiries are being referred to the FDIC hotline.  I'm supposed to get more information in the mail soon.  Guess it happened on March 1st from what they were saying.  It was one of those pay up front credit cards.  So, I was expecting to use it this next weekend.  I've been putting money into it so that I could use it in Manhattan next weekend instead of having cash on me.  With my electronic payment system, I sent them a $99 payment on March 1st and another one tomorrow that I can not cancel (5 day window).  I'm glad I found out today because I had two (2) other payments already into the system to send them next week but I was able to cancel them.  So, now I have to wait some 60 days for the FDIC to send me my money back.  Pooh.  Ok, now I am going to bed.  Night.


Thursday, March 7, 2002 9:30am EST

Sorry, just like the game.  No major update.  Forgot that I had a monthly membership meeting in the city last night.  Did not get back until late and I only now got to work.  That is what I get for turning over, turning off the alarm and thinking I'm only going to lie here for a few minutes.  WHAM, it's 8:30 instead of 5:30.  Guess I needed the sleep.  So now I have work stuff to do.  Hopefully tonight.


Wednesday, March 6, 2002 9:20am EST

My web page access has been restored.  But I can not do much on my web page right now because I am at work.  So stay tuned for all of the details of what has been going on.  Hope to do a good update tonight and download it tomorrow.  In brief, my system was upgraded and I lost access to the program I use for updates.  It has now been restored.  See ya soon.

This page hosted by   1