Update for February 2007


Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:45am EST

Got my grade from my last class.  A B+ which is just fine with me.  I had a rough time in that class because it was all non-IT stuff.  Could not just skate through since I did not know the stuff.  Well, it is off for a shower and then getting ready for work.


Monday, February 26, 2007 2:45am EST (home sweet home)

The flight before ours was cancelled, so our flight was filled to the max.  They were offering people $300 credit vouchers to take a later flight.  I was thinking I might have if they were going to offer more.  But they did not. And they could not guarantee which flight so I just kept to my schedule. So we landed on time and then had to wait at the gate for the ground crew to get to us.  Then had to wait for the bags.  Then had to dig out my car, was not so bad really.  But the roads were a mess.  The police are now advising everyone to stay off of the roads.  I sure would have if I did not have to be out there.  Did not see any accidents, just slow traffic and people taking it carefully like me.  The snow covered Parkway was not so bad.  I was all by myself at one point and jammed on the brakes to just test everything.  Slowed down into a full skid but it was all controlled and good.  So that made me feel better.  The worst of the trip was when I got stuck behind some sanders and plows on I-80 East bound from the Parkway to the Lodi/Maywood exit.  But they took that exit so the rest of us all went around them.  They were only doing 10 mph. I hear my bags calling me to unpack and then get some sleep.


Sunday, February 25, 2007 3:15pm PST (San Francisco International Airport)

At the airport now, the previous flight was cancelled so that has opened up some slots for planes to land in Newark.  We are still waiting to hear what is up but they say we are flying.  I will not be doing an update on the flight this time.  I am in a bulkhead seat so have no good tray to rest my stuff on.  Hope all is well with everyone.  The weather channel says we are going to get 5 to 7" of snow over the next 24 hours.  Heck, that is nothing for our area.  So we should be fine on landing.  Time will tell.


Sunday, February 25, 2007 12:45am PST (San Francisco)

Had a nice time at the San Francisco coronation.  I am back at the room putting things away and getting ready to crash.  I fly out on CO649 at 4pm which will get me back to Newark around midnight.  I have to be at work on Monday.  Lots to pack and get taken care of.  Especially my Henry VIII outfit.  Had a nice time talking with friends and generally going through the motions of another coronation.  Only 33 days until my coronation and then I have a full year of this.  Just need to get all of the details examined this next week and start checking things off of the list.


Friday, February 23, 2007 6:45pm PST (San Francisco)

Had a good day walking around and seeing the sights.  Went down to Fisherman's Warf and had lunch at the Blue Mermaid then walked over by the pier with all of the historic ships docked.  Before that we walked around the Fort where the cannons used to be trained toward the water.  A really breath taking sight from there of the Golden Gate and the harbor overlooking the Warf.  Bought a sweatshirt and then headed back to the hotel.  Visited with friends and now getting ready for the out of town show that will be held tonight here in the hotel.


Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:45am EST (CO448 EWR to SFO)

Got myself and exit row and no one in the middle seat. So I am loving it. Working on my coronation walk right now.  Rather sleepy but unable to sleep right now. Figured I will do that when I land and get checked in and all. A bit bumpy but not bad.  Had a long meeting last night, mostly because of the freezing rain last Wednesday that postponed the meeting. So it was not scheduled for me to get home past midnight and then have to pack for a 7am flight.  Made my flight just fine. Glad the line was not any longer at security. They were already boarding when I showed up.  Took me over an hour to get bags checked and through security. Still waiting on my grade from this class.  Expect I will know something soon. He has turned out the week 5 weekly grades but has not yet turned out the week 6 grade which determine the final grade since 25% of your grade was the final exam.  That will make the difference between a B+ or an A-.  But either way I made it through with a passing grade.  Just glad that class is over with.  Here are two pictures from Seattle last weekend.

Seattle Coronation - February 2007 The New Emperor of Seattle, Mr. Gay Portland Hollywood Pink and myself


Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:00am EST (Home)

Yes I did land just fine and made it home.  Had a nice time in Seattle and the flight home was great.  The plane was only about 1/4 full so everyone had lots of room to stretch out.  The week was busy because now I am flying to San Francisco at 7am this morning.  And I have not even packed yet.  Just got back from a long board meeting a few hours ago and sat down to do some emails.  So here I am making a short update here before packing everything up and getting my tail in gear to pack.  Type at you more from the plane.


Sunday, February 18, 2007 3:30pm PST (Seattle/Tacoma International Airport)

Had a good time.  The Victory Brunch was a bit long. But security here is light in regards to the line.  So that went quickly and was no problem.  Compared to the 50 minutes it took me to get through security flying here, security on the way back took 5 minutes.  It's overcast today but warm compared to home.  Just checked the weather and it's cold back home. So glad I have my jacket with me.  I have a few things to do for school and then that will be over with until April when I start my last class for my Masters in Computer Science.  They are calling First Class now so I will shut down and get all set to go.  From the looks of it and the seat selection yesterday, this is a light flight back home.  So that will be nice for a change.  The flight out was packed.


Sunday, February 18, 2007 9:20am PST (Seattle)

Well, I am awake and just about ready to jump into the shower. Time to get moving. Just came back upstairs from the front desk. They had my boarding pass faxed to them last night, so I picked it up before I started packing.  My flight does not leave until 4pm, so I will have no problems attending the Victory Brunch this morning.  It starts at 11am and I will take my bags to the car before that and check out. Then I can just jump in the car and drive to the airport when I am done with brunch.


Sunday, February 18, 2007 1:45am PST (Seattle)

Had a very nice time at the coronation.  Have been back at the hotel working on some things on the computer. Earlier I was talking with a friend.  The coronation was very nice.  It was over at the Red Lion Hotel in downtown Seattle.  I am staying at the "host" hotel where the Victory Brunch is being held later today. Here are a few pictures from tonight.

Chance (from Portland) and myself at the Seattle Coronation on Saturday, February 17, 2007 Mama, The Widow Norton, Jose 1 - and myself at the Seattle Coronation on Saturday, February 27, 2007

At the start of the evening, we had the ascension ceremonies of Nichole The Great.  Mama Jose has decided to step down or retire as the titular head of the Imperial Court System and her first heir Empress Nicole The Great de San Diego has assumed the duties of Queen Mother of the Americas.


Friday, February 16, 2007 6:15pm PST (Seattle)

Got here to Seattle.  Visited the laboratory here in Seattle after I had to exchange cars.  The first car had a dead "Always Lost" system in it.  So I got the second car.  Immediately fell in love with the second car.  It had OREGON plates on it.  Giggle.  So visited the lab and then headed toward the hotel.  Had fun with the "Always Lost" system but made it here just fine.  Ran into several people from all over the country that I know.  My friend Panzi needed a little errand run over to Kinko's so I went for her.  Picked up a Starbucks on the way back and water and a few things for the hotel room. The room has a refrigerator and a microwave in it.  Edward would love to have popcorn popping in the microwave.  But he is at home.  Trip was uneventful.  Some bumps here and there but generally nice.  Had a short little phone call with my mom.  She is back in Arizona and I was putting her new home number into my cellular phone.  So thought I would call her up and say hi.  Ok, have to finish getting ready for the Out of Town Show. Details of the events this weekend can be found at the Imperial Court of Seattle's web page.


Friday, February 16, 2007 11:00am EST (CO 1581 to Seattle)

The line for security at the airport was nuts.  It was wrapped around the lower level and they had people stationed at the escalators not even letting you up to the security level.  It was a mess.  Got to the airport a bit later than I expected but have never had any problems flying out of Newark. Well, this was a first.  Got my bags checked in.  Oh, and they moved where you check your bags in too.  So that confused me as well.  Then I got in line for security.  After about 30 minutes, got up to the front and asked the gal if there was anyway I was going to make my 8:30am flight.  She looked at her watch and then let me into the Elite lane which got me right on through.  I was headed to the gate which turned out to be at the very end of the terminal.  An electric cart came by and said which gate, I said 139 and he said jump in.  He whisked me to the gate and I hit the restroom and straight onto the flight.  The closed the main cabin doors about 4 minutes after I got on.  The weather in Newark was cold but clear. Should be a fun weekend in Seattle compared to wind chill of zero at home.  Next weekend it is San Francisco but I have to get through this weekend first.


Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:35pm EST

In my normal spot at Starbucks.  Finished my papers at home last night.  Finally completed everything around 1am eastern.  Got some sleep and then went to work as usual.  We are supposed to be getting 3-5" tonight but right now it is only just a dusting.  Now I am working on my team assignment that other people will need to use to do their part.  So I need to have this done tonight or tomorrow.  Then I need to work on my final which is 25 multiple answer questions.  But since I will be out of town this weekend, I want to get everything finished up.  Only 6 weeks until coronation and I have lots of details to put together.  After this class I will have nothing but coronation tasks to work on. I have one more problem to figure out on my team paper.  Have already done 2 of the 3.


Sunday, February 11, 2007 5:30pm EST

Had a nice time in Connecticut this weekend.  The coronation there was very well done and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  We had no snow this year.  Last year at this same time, we were snowed in there and had to stay another day because of the snow.  I was in the new Emperor's coronation procession which we very well done.  Looking forward to mine coming up soon but still lots of details to deal with.  I have one more week of class before I can totally concentrate on Night of a Thousand Gowns.  Right now I am over at Starbucks working on a paper for this week.  The problem is that I do not totally understand the subject since it's all accounting.  I have done lots of the reading but it is still not gelling with me. Have always had some problems with accounting stuff and all of the debits and credits.  But this is beyond that into margins and breakeven analysis and stuff like that.  So off I go back into my paper to see if I can make sense out of any of it.


Thursday, February 8, 2007 10:00pm EST

Finally finished my one problem I have been racking my mind over for school.  Only 50 days until Night of a Thousand Gowns and I still have another week of school work and two more papers plus a team paper.  Once this class is over, I can really focus on the ball.  I have finally selected my Emperor title.  I will be known as The Fire Taming Rose Emperor of New York.  B and I had a nice dinner meeting last night with our President Gary.  We got some great advise from him.  Gary is a former Emperor from a few years back so he has been through what we are going through.  We have a long list of action items we are each working through.  Hopefully this preplanning will help us get off to a great start and stay ahead of the curve.  I only have one more class to take in April and then I will have completed my Masters of Science in Computer Information Systems (MSCIS).  So after that class, I will not have to worry about any more classes conflicting with my travel schedule.  So far this year, here is a peek at some of my schedule.

Saturday, February 10th

Connecticut Coronation

Saturday, February 16th

Seattle Coronation

Saturday, February 24th

San Francisco Coronation

Prince and Princess Show

Sunday, March 11th

Saturday, March 31st

NOATG - New York Coronation

Sunday, April 8th

Easter Parade - 5th Avenue - NYC

Saturday, April 14th

Saint Louis Coronation

Saturday, April 21st

Rhode Island Coronation

Sunday, April 29th


Saturday, May 5th

Phoenix Coronation

Thursday, May 10th

Tough Drag - NYC

Sunday, June 3rd

Lexington, KY Coronation

Sunday, June 24th

NYC Gay Pride Parade

Wednesday, July 4th

Invasion of the Pines - Fire Island

July 13th & July 21st


Saturday, July 28th

Boise, ID Coronation

Saturday, August 4th

San Diego Coronation

Saturday, August 18th

Minneapolis Coronation


Portland Coronation

Saturday, November 17th

Boston Coronation


Tuesday, February 6, 2007 11:15pm EST

Had a nice evening.  Nine of us went to the Marriott Marquis in Times Square tonight to review the selections our banquet coordinator had selected for us.  The "menu tasting" was very good with several very interesting selections.  They brought out three different appetizer's followed by three different salads and finally three entree's that were all very good.  Only one entree I did not eat and some of you can just guess what that was.  Generally we decided to keep it a surprise for now what was selected.  I am going to wait and see if our President tells the membership tomorrow night at the General Membership meeting.  If it becomes public, then I will post the menu here.  Had a nice, quick walk around Times Square.  Have not been in the area since last year during coronation I realized.  It was bone chilling cold but still lit up like there was no tomorrow.  Really reminded me of North Las Vegas strip back in the 80's.  Oh well.  Off to get some sleep.


Saturday, February 3, 2007 6:55pm EST

Ok, I have finished my paper and now I am headed home.  I have a birthday party to attend this evening.  And without this paper hanging over me, I will have a nice time.  Then tomorrow I am headed over to hear some music for my coronation walk and later a Super Bowl party.  Busy, busy.


Saturday, February 3, 2007 4:15pm EST

Back over at Starbucks working on school work.  I am doing this analysis of Starbucks and my friend Roger was here.  So I asked him about it and got some hints and pointers from him.  He is a financial advisor.  He loved looking at it and discussing the different reasons why the stockholder equity is still lower this year than it was in 2004.  So off to putting the paper together. Later.


Saturday, February 3, 2007 11:45am EST

Got up this morning around 8am and have been at Starbucks ever since.  Have been working on coronation stuff and home work.  I have been reviewing this weeks assignment and doing my research from FORM 10-K for Starbucks Corp - SBUX.  I am working on an analysis of the statement of changes in Owner's Equity.  It is a team assignment for this week.  Wow, what a bunch of stuff to go through.  Was also working on coronation stuff and trying to get some of that done too.  Next weekend in an in Connecticut.  Think I am about to head out of here and go home for a bit.  Rest, get some sleep and then hit the books again.